Tuesday, June 22, 2010
You will find some new goodies in there excluding two new pages printable pages, prestige classes access and a bunch of bug fixes.
You can either download the fresh installation at http://www.box.net/shared/lqt1dd3he8, or download the following zip at http://www.box.net/shared/ag8stv4uz5 and extract that into your current directory. You will need to run the new CCP.exe instead of the old Charsheet.exe, and all your existing settings should stay the same.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
I've be implementing a new upgrade procedure for the application soon, so hopefully this will be last time you will be required to uninstall the application and install this one. Thus i've dubbed this release v1.3.1 (Alpha). It will still be set into demostration mode, and the unlock key entered to remove the 6 level limit on characters.
- I have implemented a new feature to the application that allows different effects to be applied to a character. Effects are any bonuses or penalties that apply to different characterstics of the character at various times.
- A main example of this are conditions that a character can gain, which apply penalties to different characterstics of the character, hence why this now has its own section.
- This replaces the conditions edit box in the Resistances section and now lists all the gainable conditions a character can get.
- When one is to be applied, the relevant checkbox is checked. The details of the condition are then shown in the summary section, and the relevant effect added to the effects section.
- This then leads to the next section - Effects.
- Each effect that applies to a different characterstic needs to be entered invidually. Thus if a character is under the Elemental Body spell or wild shape ability, each characterstic must be entered in.
- The characterstics that the effect can be applied to start with the abilities and include size; saves listed indivually and all; combat modifers that include initiative, damage, attack bonus, melee attack bonus, ranged attack bonus, CMB, CMD, armor class and natural armor; speed items; resistances items; skills listed indiviually or all skills; and some class ability items.
- If the effect gives a bonus type, this can be selected from the known bonus types.
And then the bonus itself. Some characterstics require the bonus to be entered in a particular format. DR for example needs to be in the format number/reduction and vision in the format of type - range.
- Each characterstic in the application an effect can affect is checked and the bonus added as seen below.
- So because of the large list of characterstics that a spell, item or class ability may effect, I have allowed a large number of items to be entered. The click menu system is also present to allow effect items to be moved, deleted, duplicated.
- This combined with only effects that have been checked to apply actually apply, lets mutiple sets of effect to be entered and then the effect turned on and off for different situations.
- It does require a lot of manual entereing, but once setup I beleive this is a great enchancement to the application.
- Update time!
- The application has been changed with a few things but I will start with a new equipment option, namely Rods, Staves & Wands.
- This section allows 4 items to be entered and their properties updated.
- The first option is to choose if the item is a Rod, Staff or Wand. This only makes minor changes to the control, such as the Quality / Source option which is changed to Divine and Arcane for Wands, and Lesser, Normal and Greater for Rods. Staffs don't have a source.
- The other options all require manual entering that includes the Charges, Aura and Caster Level and a larger area for any powers the item may have.
- The click menu system has also been added for wands similar to weapons to allow the moving of the item into the different areas of the application. When moving to an equipment section the caster level and charges is brought across.
- I'll be back with the other changes.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
I have also introduced a unlock option to removed the six level restrictions. This requires entering a unlock key into the preferences screen.
If you are seriously wanting to use the application please contact me and I'll give you the unlock key... maybe ;)
- Hi All, back with another update to the application which is an extension of the application, no new content as yet, but still a bit of development.
- As previously said I have been working on expanding the click menu system for weapons and items to allow them to be maniuplated around the application. Just to reinterate this is a left click menu system that brings up options to choose.
- The "Clear" option is still present, which is now grouped with "Insert", "Duplicate" and "Delete"
- "Insert" moves all the slots beneath the current slot down, and inserts a blank slot.
- "Duplicate" does a similar process except duplicating the slot.
- "Delete" clears the slot and then moves all underneath up.
- Speaking of moving, there are two grouped options for moving up and down. This will move the current slot up or down as selected, moving the next/previous slot to that current position. Moving up can't be performed if at the first slot, and moving down at the last and the options are disabled. This is then useful for having the weapons that are wanted to be printed on the character sheet being in the order you wish.
- I have also included a moving to the equipment section grouping. This deletes the slot and as said moves the option to the specified equipment section. With this option however, all details setup for slot will be lost, with only the description plus quality and any special properties is displayed in the equipment section.
- The application will prompt for permanant changes and cannot be changed unless all changes are reverted.
- Armor and shield have the move to equipment options as well without any of the additional items listed above as these are single entries.
- The equipment section for carried, stored and valuables all have click menu button included in their grids as seen below.
- This has similar options as for weapons except that it only allows moving to the alternate equipment section.
- I deliberately have not done a move option to weapon or equivilant option because with items being freetext, the weapon cannot always be guaranteed being present in the list of weapons or etc.
- There was also some bug fixes included with some options not working correctly in the weapons for drill downs.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
- I'm pleased to annouce that I have completed work on the first page of the printable character sheet. The sheet is based on the pathfinder character sheet with some alterations to suit the program.
- Everything is pre-filled from the character program with some items only showing selective details.
- Only the best Damage reduction is printed assuming the character has DR and there are more then 2 types present.
- Only 5 weapons are shown, with 3 melee / thrown weapons in the top 3 slots, and 2 ranged weapons in the bottom 2. The weapons are taken in order they appear in the program from top down, and thus I'll be working on a way to change their order in the program.
- Only 39 skill slots are shown, this includes 3 slots for Craft, and 2 for both Perform and Profession. I have on my list to work on a way to show less of one of these three and more of the others if the character has more such as a bard with perform who is likely to have more then 3 perform skills selected.
- The default for the program is preview which can be changed in the preferences screen. The other options are print and tiff. Tiff creates an file of extension 'tif' in an output directory. I added this option for the times where you may want to send your sheet to someone such as your DM.
- The sheet can also be printed without needing a character which prints blank options for manual use.
- I plan on making the following sheets more dynamicable by allowing different options to be printed, but for the time now page 1 should suffix as I work on some of the other options.
- The demo has been updated and is ready for use at http://www.box.net/shared/cm9hxm3nrs
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
- Load and Encumbrance effect the character in many ways, mainly an armor check penalty similar to armor, and the maximum dexterity a character can use for their AC, again similar to armor. However this never stacks with armor, only the worse score is used.
- The total load is calculated from the different equipment sections, and refreshes everytime the section is displayed.
- The encumbrance level is based on the characters strength score, and how much load the character is carriying.
- The light, medium and heavy load limites are calculated based on the character strength, and the lift and drag weights calculated from there.
- The encumbrance level that character is then calculated to be at is shown in bold.
- This is then checked throughout the application where a abilities only apply if a character has a certain encumbrance level.
- And thus ends the equipment section. I'll be updating the demo with these changes shortly.
- Wealth is split into two sections: Coinage and Valuables.
- Coinage is split into the 4 different types of coins CP, SP, GP and PP.
- The weight is calculated as 50 coins to one pound.
- I also added a banked section for coins as I am aware of some games using a banking system.
- Valuables is a similar grid to carried items, except the wealth of the item is required.
- The total wealth is calculated from both the coins (including banked) and valulables.
- This section allows 20 items to be saved for either items carried by the character, or stored away in another location that don't affect the characters load.
- The locations are selected by a dropdown with the carried locations including the body slots used for magic items.
- Items that are stored are items that are either stored in some location the character can get back to, or an extradimensial space such as a bag of holding or handy haversack. That way the item doesnt count towards the characters load as stated.
- A total weight control is present for the carried equipment to give a running total of the weight. The total load is handled in the Load and Encumbrance section.
- The reset buttons allows for the items to be cleared in their respectively section.
- Back again with another update, this time the equipment section.
- Previously I had a section for Worn Equipment. I have now expanded that out to cover all the equipment options available for a character.
- Instead of having a page for each item, I have now split them into sections similar to weapons, allowing for the options to be group togethor better.
- There are four sections, with the first being worn items (which replaces the worn equipment but essentially the same), Carried and Stored Items, Wealth (coinage and valauables) and a section for Load and Ecumbrance.
- As seen, nothing has changed on the worn items page. But as stated previously the armor and shield controls have a button menu that is used to clear the slot.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
- Each weapon control in the weapons section now has a menu that can be used presently to clear the slot from its current choice.
- This is also present for armor and shield choices.
- The menu will be expaned upon to allow choices to be moved up and down, or moved into the equipment list.
- The equipment list is current being worked on and will be the next update to the application.
- In this section I have allowed the different types of resistances to be displayed and edited and is fairly self explanatory to who it is used.
- Each type of Resistance has its own section - Damage Reduction, Energy Resistance and Immunities. Vision has also been added to this section as it uses a similar format.
- Each has a variant of type, amount and source which can be updated by the user, with 4 choices per each available.
- Those gained automatically cannot be updated and are greyed out.
- It is then upto the user to determine which resistance type to use in any given situation.
- Each has a reset button which will remove all except automatically gained sources.
- An editable box is present to add any conditions the character may have gained. This will be expanded in the furture.
- When I first posted about this section, I mentioned there was a flaw in the design in that damage reduction, energy resistances, immunities and vision cannot be manually entered if the character gains it from another source such as an item.
- I have now corrected that problem by given those items there own section, and thus this screen has had them removed, leaving this section feeling less clutered I beleive.
- The other main update to this screen is the Spell Resistance field now can have scores entered against it for various sources.
- All sources of spell resistance be it an internal source or one entered by the user are all automatically set with a bonus type of 'Spell Resitance'. This is due to spell resistances not stacking. So the highest score is then used as the Spell Restistance for the character
Friday, January 15, 2010
There is an update to the program now available http://www.box.net/shared/cm9hxm3nrs. Sorry no printable sheet yet, it was things on my need-to-list I wanted to finaliase before doing that. Please let me know if you disagree with my limited of 6 levels per character. I may be able to be talked into making that a bit higher ;)
I will be updating the blog later with screen shots and etc, but for now here is a quick log of what has changed.
- Exotic Weapons are now being handled correctly.
- Weapon Training from fighter not being applied to bonus and damage.
- Improved Critical and Fighter Weapon Mastery was only caclulated when a new weapon was selected, and not updated existing.
- Defence Combat Training feat now checked for CMD.
- Scores of the same "bonus type" where not being handled correctly.
- If selected exotic weapon proficiency feat and then a weapon focus feat, the prerequsite check didn't recognise the character being profiencient.
- Weapons, armor and sheilds now have a "red-dot" button which opens a menu for clearing the slot. This will be expanded on later with more functionality.
- Spell Restiance now allows multiple sources to be entered, all with the bonus type of 'spell resistance' to only have the highest score allocated. - DR, ER, Immunties & Vision all moved into a new section.
- New Section Called Resistances used for DR, ER, Immunties & Vision.
- Allows for 4 choices to be eneted in each section. - Items gained from internal sources are not allowed to be changed and changed as grey
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
- This section we look at thrown weapons. I made the decession to split between ranged and thrown weapons as there was enough subtle differences to warrant it.
- The control again is based on the melee weapons control.
- Instead of having a Finesse checkbox, a Quick Draw checkbox is present, as if the character doesn't have quick draw, the Rate of Fire is only once per round.
- Pathfinder has introduced feats for improvised weapons, which are mostly used in a throwing capactity. When selecting the weapon, a choice is available for all melee weapons which can be thrown, or an actual improvised weapon choice.
- The improvised weapon choice requies the user to enter in the details of what type of damage and etc is used. The only thing they can't change is the critical range and mutiplier which is also 20 and x2 for improvised weapons.
- The improvised weapon master feat is the only feat that changes the threat range.
- Splash weapons are also handled with the few choices available for selection.
- Again many feats that are used for thrown weapons are circumstantial, so I have no automatically updated this, opting for the user to enter these as required.
- I will be uploading the demo shortly with these changes.
- Well I'm back from the Christmas break and have done some more developing and pleased to release the Weapons page fully. This section we look at ranged weapons.
- The range weapons control is based on the melee weapons control, except with ranged weapons ammuntion comes into play. This required more space and thus only 3 ranged weapons can be entered.
- Ammunition has its own quality, which is of better quality then the bow itself, its updated in the damage. Ammunition can also have its own properites, so a field is available to be entered.
- Bows are fired at normal ROF, however Crossbows require the character to have the Rapid Reload feat or a Repeating crossbow to by able to fire more than once a turn. The BAB progression is automatically updated based on those rules.
- Composite bows have strength ratings associated with them, which when a composite bow is selected, the strength rating can be entered. This effects the damage, and if the character does not have a equal or greater strength bonus as the strength rating, then suffers a penalty.
- I choose not to handle two weapon fighting with crossbows which is possible, but gets very messy, so this will be required to be updated by the user.
- The majority of the feats available to ranged weapons are circumstantial, so I choose not to automatically add those, again leaving this to the user for updating. Otherwise I have handled all the feats as the same as the melee weapons control.
- Stay tuned for Thrown weapons.